Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Programming Languages

On 2015-01-30, Mike Barnes wrote:

While mulling over the topic last night I came to the conclusion that
PHP places a lot more responsibility on the programmer than most
language environments,

Another reason it sucks, then. )

If you want to write in such an environment, how about doing it in assembler?

I want to write in such an environment because I'm productive, and I can
bring my ideas to fruition with the minimum of distraction.

Sounds like PHP is pretty dire, then. All academic anyway, because I have
no intention of learning it.

You don't seem to recognise that PHP might be "pretty dire" in some
circumstances and "pretty good" in others. Context is everything and
broad-brushed generalisations are often unhelpful.

You suggested assembler, which would be useless for what I want to do,
but that doesn't make it "pretty dire" to me, far from it. It seems to
me that PHP is "pretty dire" for your purposes, whatever they might be,
but not for all purposes.

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England