iLLuSioN

Default Schematic drawing and PCB design software

Ok, then I will steer clear of CircuitMaker...

I found CadSoft EAGLE last night... I downloaded the trial and started
playing with it... Seems like a good package, although it is more
expensive than CircuitMaker (and doesnt have the simulation ability --
which i didnt need anyway)...

I've thrown together a few basic schematics and then took a look at its
routing abilities. Seems ok to me (of course then again, I am a total
beginner at PCB design)...

Have you ever had any experience with EAGLE?

Thanks!

In article ,
says...

I have experience with Circuitmaker and I'm not satisfied with it. Even if
it would come for free I would not use it (anymore).
Simple things like printing a schematic with border seems not to be possible
under windows 2000, although it is possible under windows NT. And if you
want any support, then you won't find it.

The layout software traxmaker which comes with circuitmaker is simple but to
limited. Rotating parts other than 90 degrees is not possible, circle shape
PCB's aren't possible.

The simulation engine in Circuitmaker also has some sneaky behaviour for
instance if a resistor has a value 4k7 then simulation is done with 4000.
But this is something you can keep in mind and work around accordingly.

I would suggest to buy some Orcad lite version, excelent support plenty
possibilities but it costs more.