G. van Amerongen

Default Schematic drawing and PCB design software

I have experience with Circuitmaker and I'm not satisfied with it. Even if
it would come for free I would not use it (anymore).
Simple things like printing a schematic with border seems not to be possible
under windows 2000, although it is possible under windows NT. And if you
want any support, then you won't find it.

The layout software traxmaker which comes with circuitmaker is simple but to
limited. Rotating parts other than 90 degrees is not possible, circle shape
PCB's aren't possible.

The simulation engine in Circuitmaker also has some sneaky behaviour for
instance if a resistor has a value 4k7 then simulation is done with 4000.
But this is something you can keep in mind and work around accordingly.

I would suggest to buy some Orcad lite version, excelent support plenty
possibilities but it costs more.

"iLLuSioN" schreef in bericht
. ..
Hello all,

I'm looking for some recommendations on schematic drawing and pcb
design software... So far I have looked at:

o CircuitMaker 2000 (includes TraxMaker)
o Electronics Workbench

Out of those two, I prefer CircuitMaker 2000...

However, even it is overkill for me... I don't need any of the
simulation features really, since most of my work is done with PIC
microcontrollers and CircuitMaker cant model them anyway...

What I really need is just a nice basic schematic drawing and pcb
creation software package... Preferrably one that I draw the schematic,
and it automatically figures out the PCB layout and routes the wires
(like CircuitMaker does)

I wanted to see if anyone had any better recommendations? What else
is out there? Yeah, I know Protel is out there, but I will barely be
able to afford CircuitMaker 2000, let alone Protel. I also know that
AutoCAD has a schematic module as well, but once again the price tag on
it i'm sure is very high.

Thanks in advance!