Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Programming Languages

On 2015-01-28, John Rumm wrote:

Or for even easier, look at "scratch"

The neat thing about Scratch is that it makes multithreaded,
event-driven GUI stuff work so easily (e.g., make the little
characters dance around the screen & react when they bump into each
other). I guess the problem is that you get used to that, then try to
do the same in some other language, like Java.

It can give the wrong idea about some aspects, but the event driven
model integrates quite nicely with modern GUI style programming.

Yabbut my point was that it's *so easy* in Scratch. Kids will bang
their heads on the wall when they move to other languages.