iLLuSioN

Default Schematic drawing and PCB design software

Hello all,

I'm looking for some recommendations on schematic drawing and pcb
design software... So far I have looked at:

o CircuitMaker 2000 (includes TraxMaker)
o Electronics Workbench

Out of those two, I prefer CircuitMaker 2000...

However, even it is overkill for me... I don't need any of the
simulation features really, since most of my work is done with PIC
microcontrollers and CircuitMaker cant model them anyway...

What I really need is just a nice basic schematic drawing and pcb
creation software package... Preferrably one that I draw the schematic,
and it automatically figures out the PCB layout and routes the wires
(like CircuitMaker does)

I wanted to see if anyone had any better recommendations? What else
is out there? Yeah, I know Protel is out there, but I will barely be
able to afford CircuitMaker 2000, let alone Protel. I also know that
AutoCAD has a schematic module as well, but once again the price tag on
it i'm sure is very high.

Thanks in advance!