Rob Paisley

Default Simple circuit to hold relay on after input falls

"Pete" wrote in message ...
"Rob Paisley" wrote in message
om...
You could adapt these time delay and missing pulse detector circuits.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rpaisley4/LM555.html#20

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rpaisley4/LM555.html#22

Right if I want to use a pulse time of about 10mins (not critical) am I
right in thinking that I can use a 10M resisitor and a 50uF capacitor?
(would give about 550 seconds) Is this pulse too long for the 555, and does
it matter what combination is used between resistor/capacitor?

I would use a 1M resistor and a 500uF capacitor. The time will most
likely run longer than calculated so a 500K pot and a 470K resistor in
series would be a more practical choice.

Rob.