Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default [OT] Cool tiny tiny PC

In article , Tim Streater
scribeth thus
In article . com,
"Dennis@home" wrote:

On 26/01/2015 23:16, Tim Streater wrote:

I'm sure they have, they've just never noticed it because of what
they're used to. For them it's just "how computers work". It doesn't
occur to them that there's no need for it, so they don't see a problem.

It isn't a problem, they just save as and delete the old one.
Its not a problem for 99.99999% of people only linux users and only
0.0001% of them.

I'm not a linux user.

Just how often do you want to rename a file you are working on and not
save the old one anyway?

There isn't an "old one", there's just the file. It may be an
attachment that, after I've edited it a bit, I realise I need to move
from the Attachments folder to a better location. This used to happen
to me approximately daily, when I was running Eudora on an XP lappy.

Well can't you back click on it and copy and paste it elsewhere or just
drag it from one place to another if those folders are open?..

--
Tony Sayer