Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default [OT] Cool tiny tiny PC

Try with Word or Excel for the same effect then. Come on, slowcoach.
You asked for an example and I gave you one. Don't try to weasel out of
it now.

I still don't see the problem, it just tells you to close the document
and rename it.

Thass right, I have to close the doc, rename it, and then open it
again. What kind of ****ty UI is that, when I could just rename it and
the app knows that this has happened, and carries right on.

Umm .. unless I've got this arse about face somewhere lets assume you
have a Word doc open under say Office or Openoffice or similar.

If I want to save that and any particular format it gives me the option
to just "save" it as it is, inc any alterations I've done since I opened
it, under the same name or location, or "save as" which means a
different format different name and location if I so want?.

What's wrong with that unless we're on about something else thats either
beyond me or I've missed out on?

Obviously Windows is not written for *users*, if this is the kind of
convoluted workaround that's considered normal by you and others of
your ilk.

--
Tony Sayer