Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default [OT] Cool tiny tiny PC

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:42:19 +0000, Mike Barnes wrote:

There seems to be strong tradition in Microsoft's error messages of
omitting the information that the user actually wants to know. (I think
the tradition started with "Bad command or file name".)

Agreed. "An error has occured. A log file has been created" OWTHE.
I don't think I have ever seen a useful error message in windows.

I have, plenty of times. And plenty of times there is a decent error
number that you can use to check what is the common causes of
that with on the net as well.