Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default [OT] Cool tiny tiny PC

In message , Huge
writes
On 2015-01-23, Dave Liquorice wrote:

I keep wandering off to look but I've yet to be won over by any linux
desktop compared to Presentation Manager on OS/2. They have the
annoying restrictions that the Windows desktop has. Dialogue open?
You can only move or switch to a limited set of windows.

Nope. That's one of the reasons I loathe Windows. Click "File - Open",
Windows opens a file chooser, damn, I've forgotten where the file is, now
I have to close the ****ing chooser to go and remind myself where the file
is. Any system that seizes the inpput focus is broken.

Maybe i'm misunderstanding you, but I don't seem what you mean.

Here on this system (Win 7) I can click fileopen in some program, then
leave that open, whilst I go an check in Windows Explorer where
something is, then go back to the file open dialogue to open the file.
--
Chris French