Geoff Hackett

Default Variable current power supply

I think you are confused.

What are you trying to do here.

Geoff.
"happyhobit" wrote in message
Hi Daniel,

An adjustable voltage regulator like the LM317 can be configured for

current
or voltage regulation. The LM317 wastes 'up to' 3 volts each and outputs

1.5
amps. The LM1086 wastes up to 1.3 volts and will deliver 1.5 amps, the
LM1084 will deliver 5 amps. You can configuring one as a current limiter

and
a second as a voltage regulator to get what you want.

You will also need a rectifier (bridge, half or full wave), a couple
capacitors and maybe a choke to get the DC to start with..

NOTE: Nothing is 100% efficient. Every component wastes some current and
voltage. You will not get 'the maximum of the transformer'.

Jay

"I'm pullin' for you; we're all in this together", Red Green

.
.
"daniel" wrote in message
is there a way of making a variable current supply with an output

anywhere
form 0.1A to the maximum of the transformer but using a fixed voltage

e.g
12V.

thanks