Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default [OT] Cool tiny tiny PC

On 2015-01-23, Dave Liquorice wrote:

I keep wandering off to look but I've yet to be won over by any linux
desktop compared to Presentation Manager on OS/2. They have the
annoying restrictions that the Windows desktop has. Dialogue open?
You can only move or switch to a limited set of windows.

Nope. That's one of the reasons I loathe Windows. Click "File - Open",
Windows opens a file chooser, damn, I've forgotten where the file is, now
I have to close the ****ing chooser to go and remind myself where the
file
is. Any system that seizes the inpput focus is broken.

I don't get that. I just tried it. File - Open, file chooser open. Now
go and play in any one of the many other programs I've also got open, no
problem at all.

OTOH I don't run windows maximised - is that the difference?

If you go into some other program and start deleting or renaming files
in the same directory the chooser is updated too.
I don't know why the admin staff have modified it to stop it working for
some posters.