Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone here part of SpeedWatch?

In message , ARW
writes
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
.. .
In message , ARW

It's something to wipe your arse with - along with the satisfaction
of knowing that you have wasted other people's time and money because
they cannot issue you with a speeding ticket.

I am surprised at the underlying level of anger engendered by what I
see as an advisory activity.

I suppose living in a *large* village I am more concerned with the
impact of *through traffic* than what the locals get up to.

The set up here is a small group of volunteers armed with high viz
jackets and an easily read display board. How speeds are obtained and
recorded is beyond my knowledge.

The location is invariably close to the exit from a 30 zone or just
inside for the other direction.

I wonder why they are placed there?

:-) I was being pedantic.

The top of our lane is a *minor crossroad* with the 40 mph signs in
sight. Visibility can be poor if a delivery lorry is parked in front of
the restaurant. Very tempting for through traffic to accelerate.

--
Tim Lamb