Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

Default Bit of a long shot ...

On 20/01/2015 17:59, Arfa Daily wrote:

I have found the apparent location of this sensor strip on the
exploded view, and it looks like it's part of the plastic lump that the
drum front sits in. When it's good and light tomorrow, I'll see if I can
see a connector tag for the wire to go on. If it is some kind of strip
that the front edge of the drum is running on, then I'm willing to bet
that it is for static discharging, and the name has got lost in the
translation from the Italian a bit.

Inclined to agree with you, but am reminded of how our current one
works, in that it has a similar sensor that it somehow uses as a
"humidity" sensor (as it's referred to in the manual) to gauge how "dry"
the clothes are. In our case it is nothing more than a short piece of
polished stainless so quite how it works I don't know. Maybe it's
capacitive, or RF damping or something

The one we had before used the difference in temperature between a pair
of NTCs to perform the same function, although the current one does seem
to be better at it...