Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Bit of a long shot ...

"Lee" wrote in message
On 20/01/2015 14:52, Arfa Daily wrote:

I'm wondering whether there is a high value
resistor between this wire and earth, and it is some kind of static leak
from the rotating drum somewhere.

Service manual (for the IDCA735IT if it's different) has J11 1 as
green/yellow ground and J11 2 as a black wire to the "drum sensing strip"

If that's any help...
http://elektrotanya.com/indesit_idca.../download.html

Wahey! You absolute little cracker you !! I searched everywhere for a copy
of this manual. Never even considered Elektrotanya, and I use them for
manuals at least twice every single week. I guess that's because whenever
you Google for a manual, and ET have got it, they are always top or second
on the list, and in this case, they never showed up at all. I have found the
apparent location of this sensor strip on the exploded view, and it looks
like it's part of the plastic lump that the drum front sits in. When it's
good and light tomorrow, I'll see if I can see a connector tag for the wire
to go on. If it is some kind of strip that the front edge of the drum is
running on, then I'm willing to bet that it is for static discharging, and
the name has got lost in the translation from the Italian a bit.

Seriously, thank you thank you ! If you ever come to Wellingborough, I owe
you a burger from our diner ! :-)

Arfa