Navid

Default cell phone jammer portability issue

default wrote in
:

snip

BTW it looks like you are planning on using an invertor to step up
your car's 12 volts to 120 volts to operate a power supply to provide
12 volts to the jammer? Wouldn't a cigarette lighter adapter cord
work with less hassle? Car 12 volts is nominal, and more like 13.8
when the car is running. 12-12.5 with the engine off.

Doh! Yeah, I only got the inverter because I had the wrong idea of what an
inverter was. I used to live overseas a few years ago, and one of my
friends had an "inverter" he would switch on when the lights cut out. Just
enough juice to power the ceiling fans. This is why I thought all
inverters, by definition, had batteries in them. Given this flawed view, I
thought my inverter would be an ideal solution to my portability quandary--
in and out of the car walking around. Thanks again.