Daniel Morrow

Default Ultimate smoke alarm - never need to change batteries!

Even if I got a smoke detector that lasts a year on one battery is not
good enough for me. I want at least a 3 to 4 year battery life. Not
only that but me not doing this project could cost me my life because
I refuse to buy batteries up the kazoo just because the industry is
slow and monopolized. My current smoke detector has diagnostics, a low
battery warning (nudge, nudge to the other poster asking for a way for
the batteries to be checked for low power) which doesn't let me use
rechargeable 9 volt batteries because those batteries only actually
supply 7.2 volts (i.e. the smoke alarm chirps and flashes the safety
light which is a standard incandescent because it thinks the battery
power is low), and a safety light in case it goes off at night and
it's dark. Anyhow John - I am just trying to be safe to potentially
save my life but I still appreciate your comments certainly, after all
it makes me think even more. I am surprised that with all of the
diagnostics and redundancy and so on in today's electronics that my
idea hasn't become commonplace with a product like it to sell. Anyhow
later.

JOHN T wrote in message ...
Why not just toss out the present smoke detector and get a $4.95 one from
walmart that the battery will last a year. any one that is eating the
battery in such a short time is defective anyway and probably would not go
off in an emergency anyhow. trying to conserve batteries in one is stupid
in my estimation, + a screw up could easily cost your life. John T.