default

Default *repost* RF interference *please read*

On 9 Oct 2003 17:51:50 -0700, (Lydokane) wrote:

default wrote in message . ..
Mr Fremont's reply does lead to another idea. Take a short wave radio
and /or scanner and see where the thing is broadcasting. That doesn't
cure the problem, but may provide new approaches on how to proceed.

BTW have you tried running the output cabling through the ferrite
core?

Let me/us know how it goes since this is a rare problem you have.

I don't have a short wave but I do have a police scanner. I'll see
what I get sometime this weekend.

The scanner probably won't go down to 10.7 but it should prove
interesting.

By 'output cabling', do you mean the RCA outputs that I run to a
stereo receiver? If this is what you are referring to then I have
tried attaching the ferrite cores to the RCA outs as well as the main
power (as stated earlier in this thread). I have also tried attaching
to both at the same time. With two separate ferrite cores (not one
ferrite core to both the power and RCA output).

Yes, the RCA output cables

Once again, thank you all for your patience and insightful ideas for
working with this problem. I suppose if all else fails I could make a
lead box for the damn thing. It wouldn't do much for the portability
of the unit but at least I would have my music.

PR

I think the little sticker that goes on computer drives and cards that
says it is FCC type approved and gives it a registration number is for
just this sort of problem.

In theory, it is supposed to possible to look up the number and
reference back to a product. Worked for me when I needed to know who
made my modem. That sticker also says the equipment meets some
standard of RFI emission, I believe. I saw something like "complies
with FCC rule XX" on the sticker.