Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Nissan Tino wipers solved (Thank uou!!)

Phil K wrote:
I just wanted to thank everyone for the help with my Nisan Tino wiper
problem. I followed Lee's advice and bridged pins 3 & 5 of the relay. The
wipers then worked! (Thaks a million, Lee!)

So I guess this points to the relay being at fault. Now I have what I
suspect is probably a silly question... If it works fine with the relay
pins jumped, why do I need a relay in there at all? Can I just leave it as
is, with the pins 3 & 5 bridged?

Is there anything I can try to restore the relay? Are the contacts in there
clean-uppable?

Many thanks,

Phil K

Fit a new relay - they should not be expensive from motor factors/ebay

The relay is there to keep the current through the dash board switch
wiring down. If you damage that switch/stalk then you are usually into
real money.