jibaro

Default remote control extender.

"Wouter van Ooijen (www.voti.nl)" wrote in message
Also, AFAIK IR remote controls more often operate with a carrier

frequency
of 38kHz rather than 40kHz. Certainly both frequencies along with a few
others are used in IR remote applications, but I think the 38kHz is more
popular. I could be wrong.

Philips is 36, Sony and a few others 38. I don't know who uses 40. But
the bandfilters are not *that* narrow, a 38 will work reasonably well
with a 36 or a 40.

Wouter van Ooijen

-- ------------------------------------
http://www.voti.nl
PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting

That circuit, with minor mods for the components I had around, worked with a
Panasonic DVD and a Sony TV. It refused to work with a Scientific Atlanta
cable box and a Harman Kardon AVR110 system. BTW, the DVD and the AVR110 are
the two components (located behind a wood door) that I want to control with
this IR repeater. You could say I'm 50% there.

HarmanKardon has been known to go out of its way on their designs.
Could they be using a strange frenquency to carry the bitstream?
Has anybody measured this?

I do not have the equipment to measure, perhaps someday I will....

Thanks.