Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default OT(ish) 12V compressor vs. 240V compressor for tyres

In article , Nick
writes

Being a belt/braces sort of chap I would go for all three: Decent double
barrelled brass foot pump[1]

[1] Halfords 'used' to sell these. Mine now 20+yo.

I thought I had found one of these in my normally excellent motor
factor, he pulled the item off the shelf, the pic showed what I thought
was the biz, including a diecast valve connector but on opening the box
we found that it had been cost reduced to a plastic bodied valve
connector and stem with a thin sheetmetal wrap, the same kind that had
let me down (sheared off) in sub-zero temps on New Years Day the year
before. Huge disappointment.

I don't think you can get decent stuff in retail these days.

--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .