Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

Default Years ago on TV they showed a ring which was used to keep plasticbags open when sweeping leaves etc. Do they exist?

On 08/01/2015 00:36, Jim S wrote:
On Wed, 07 Jan 2015 22:27:49 +0000, Martin Brown wrote:

On 07/01/2015 21:34, Jim S wrote:

Yes. But this is uk.d-i-y you can make one by bending a length of scrap
solid core mains cable to fit inside the bag and then let go.

You have the right idea. I don't want a handle like the council litter
pickers, I just want something to stop it collapsing in the wind at the
instant I am about to tip in a shovelful of dry leaves. It happens every
time!

You can get spiral pop up garden waste bags, which you could probably
fit a binbag inside - holds it open and holds it upright.
Not necessarily this one, but you can get them in £stretcher type shops
http://img.tradeindia.com/fp/2/553/851.jpg