Richard Haendel

Default remote control extender.

"Johan Wagener" wrote in message
I built the circuit as shown on
http://www.mitedu.freeserve.co.uk/Ci...face/irext.htm.

I could not get hold of the photodiodes they used in this circuit.

I used the following components available from http://www.fort777.co.za/

Infra red emitter:

Peak wavelength: 940nm
Forward voltage at IF = 20mA: 1.6V
Forward current max.: 100mA
Power dissipation: 100mW
Radiated angle: 30°

Receiver photodiode:

High sensitivity infrared photodiode in side-looking TO92 package.
Black (infrared transparent) epoxy resin package.
Light current typically 75uA at 1000 lux.
Matching transmitter LIR151.
The cathode is the short lead.
ecifications

Peak wavelength: 900nm
Open circuit voltage: 0.35V
Acceptance angle: 120°

The receiving part of my circuit seems to work (led flashes when remote is
used) I can't seem to get the emitting part to work. The units (tv,hi-fi,
ect) simply does nothing even when the diode is placed right in front of

its
IR.

I can's seem to find the datasheet for the SFH2030 used in the circuit

Please help

Try using a camcorder to determine if the transmitter is at least flashing.
I've done this before and it works quite well.

Richard