Posted to uk.d-i-y
thescullster thescullster is offline

Default OT - Which is Safer, Internet or Phone

In article ,
thescullster wrote:
Came to renew the car tax last week and the credit card is near limit.

snip...........

Dunno about acknowledgement. You can tick a box for this online. Never
done it by phone - no option to press a button for one?

No, there wasn't an option presented for this.

My feeling is it would be very much easier to hack into a phone line and
get your details that way - if anyone could be bothered. Mobile more
difficult.

But is the hacking of phone lines widespread, generalised and
indiscriminate like malware?

You do know you pay extra to use a credit card over a debit card for VED?

Yes I did pick this up during the renewal process ta.

Must admit I rely on Spybot to tell me if anyone tries to install a nasty
here.

IME, whatever malware/anti-virus solution you use will fail at some
time. But this may not be obvious until specific issues start to occur
with your device. Then you download a different app, rescan and find
the nasties that have slipped through the net.

Phil