Geoff Hackett

Default Suggestions for PC Oscilloscope

Hi,

Some older non PC computers have A/D built into joystick ports or sound
capture ports. The Acorn BBC and Amiga computers I think. You could look at
getting an old one cheap. They can be programmed in basic for the graphics
etc.

Or just buy a used audio scope. 10Mhz 1 Channel.

Geoff

"CWatters" wrote in message
news
There are some that use your sound capture card

"Chris Cooper" wrote in message
It would be helpful for some of my electronic projects to have a simple
oscilloscope, and I'm thinking the easiest thing there would be to have

some
sort of ADC that could be picked up and displayed by some Windows

software.
I've seen various commercial products to do this, but they tend to be

much
faster than I need (100 MHz) and much more than I want to spend ($200+).

I don't even need sophisticated software, I'm perfectly happy (for now

at
least) with a system that dropped its results into a text file that I

could
import into Excel when I wanted to see pretty graphs.

Has anybody seen such a beast?

Thanks!
Chris