Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson[_2_] Andrew Mawson[_2_] is offline

Default Failure mode of cheap wireless doorbell chime pushes

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message ...

En el artículo ,
jkn escribió:

I wonder what the
Friedland wired bellpushes use for a switch

Just bare bent copper contacts, but they've been making them for years
and they're in wide use, and seem to cope ok with our weather. Tried to
google for a pic showing the contacts but couldn't find one.

The little switches in the cheapos are enclosed, which makes them trap
moisture and corrode, presumably.

I'm surprised that they are just copper - I'd expect them to be a bronze or
brass to give them resilience and springyness.

Andrew