Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Failure mode of cheap wireless doorbell chime pushes

In article ,
jkn wrote:
I know they are cheap rubbish, and the attrition rate is high;
nevertheless I am thinking of taking a closer look at one that has
stopped working. My first guess was imply that the press switch had
failed; but it's a PCB mounted switch with an ON resistance of 50Ohms,
which seems at least hopefull.

If it's what's known as a 'tactile' switch - usually with a square base
and four mounting legs (or may be two) and sealed, they can and do fail.
There are lots of variations, though - but they share one thing. Cheap to
make. You can buy dozens for a quid on Ebay. But perhaps not the exact one
you need.

Do a search on Tactile Switch on Ebay and see if anyone sells one
identical to yours.

--
Is the hardness of the butter proportional to the softness of the bread?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.