Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to disguise an externall CCTV camera

On 30/12/14 08:24, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

I just upgraded the firmware on my original Hikvision

A customer has just installed a 32 camera HikVision system. On the
first afternoon, as light levels dropped, there was a strange effect
that multiple small dark shaded rectangles with lighter borders and
rounded corners appeared on several of the cameras, they increased over
time, but had gone the following day.

They looked deliberate rather than an artefact, the installer couldn't
explain them, they didn't appear to relate to any feature of the cameras
such as motion detection areas, privacy rectangles etc, I don't suppose
you've ever had similar?

Not that I've noticed...