Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default (OT) I'm confused - regarding Ebay

On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 22:00:11 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

Agreed, but those charges are plainly stated and if you're willing (or
dumb enough) to pay them, who's the problem? I'm fairly reasonable when
judging other people's shipping charges. If I'm selling you an iPad or
Netbook, what's fair? You and I both want it to get to you, I have to
wrap it properly, schlep it to the post office of UPS store, pay their
charges, etc. etc. My time has value, just like yours. Maybe I'm
spoiled because I'm self-employed - not retail nor internet sales - and
my knowledge, skills and time are the only thing I have to sell. I sell
them by the 1/10th hour increment. If I'm going to "gift wrap",

One of the things I learned with Amazon or maybe Ebay is that if I'm
sending a gift, even to my brother where gift-wrapping is not needed, I
have to mark it as a gift, and then refuse the actual giftwrapping.
There is no charge for this at whatever site I'm thinking of.

When I didn't mark it as a gift, they gave no indication who sent it!!!!
And my brother couldn't figure it out!

transport to the USPS, a Flat Rate Priority Mail pack with the vintage
whatever you just bought from me for $15 that will cost (cheapest way)
$12.80 or whatever to ship, don't expect me to charge you $13.00 to
ship. That's why they call it shipping AND HANDLINGg