Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Driving ground rods

wrote in message
Ralph Mowery:

You must live in New England. Rockiest soil
in the lower 48 states.

No, the middle of North Carolina. I live between two towns that are about 5
miles apart. One is called Granet Quarry and the other is called Rockwell.
No kidding on the town names. They are about 40 miles up I 85 from
Charlotte. Also there is a town called Faith. about the same distance
away. There are several quarries around here where granet is or was mined.
I think where my house is must have been filled in a lot. I did not have
any problem sinking 4 ground rods with the push and water method. There is
a small creek behind the house that does have lots of big rocks in it.
Around here itis not a mater of rocks in the ground,but the whole place is
almost on one big rock.