Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Quart of Drain Oil down my pants leg - How to clean?

On Sat, 04 Apr 2015 20:25:01 -0500, Dean Hoffman

I was just changing the differential oil in my tractor (90W gear lube).
When I picked up the drain pan, I tripped and poured about a quart down
my pants leg, and on to my boots. What a f---ing mess!!!!

The boots were rubber so a little gasoline on a paper towel cleaned that
up. It soaked thru my pants so my leg was all oily. Dawn dish soap
cleaned that up, but the pants (blue jeans) are soaked.

Aside from tossing them in that garbage, how might I clean them? I wont
even consider putting them in the washing machine, or I'll probably
spend hours cleaning the machine afterwards.

Anyone have any idea how to clean the pants?

I did think about wetting them outdoors and scrubbing the oily parts
with Dawn detergent, then hosing them off outdoors, and letting them dry
in the sun? Otherwise I am not sure what to do.

Thanks

Hand cleaner? A full jug of
Dawn in a gallon or two bucket overnight?
Now you have jeans to wear while doing those jobs.
My mom just used gas way back when.

Varsol
A lot safer than gas and just as effective.
Might want to use fuel oil to remove the heavy oil first at the price
of varsol (just bought some today - $5 for a US quart, $11+ for a
gallon