Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Can a self-cleaning over generate carbon monoxide?

philo wrote:
On 04/04/2015 07:14 AM, Frank wrote:
On 4/4/2015 6:59 AM, philo wrote:
On 04/04/2015 12:05 AM, micky wrote:

snip

50 is not high and the alarm wasn't alarmed or alarming, but the
digital
readout said 50, for about another 15 or 30 minutes.

Can a self-cleaning over generate carbon monoxide?

http://www.abe.iastate.edu/extension...anges-aen-205/

I had assumed his self cleaning oven was electric.
Incomplete combustion of carbon sources can generate carbon monoxide but
there is probably not enough residue in the oven to generate enough to
worry about.

I re-read his post and yep, it is electric.

At any rate, there is of course a small amount of incomplete combustion
simply from the food residue. The amount of CO emitted is too small to
worry about though.

Hi,
Not enough to even make one sick. Any hiow I turn on the overhead fan
when self-cleaning.