Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default DIY Tips To Mend Cracks In The Foundation Walls.

On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:03:06 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 10:37:48 PM UTC-4, Mayayana wrote:
As others have said, you can't really do much from
inside, but you might be able to take a different
approach:

Figure out where the drainage is letting the water
get to the outside of the wall. If there are specific
spots you can dig down a foot or so, then lay down
some plastic or a black rubbish bag so that's it's
sloping away from the house. Finally, replace the soil.
That will shunt the seeping water away from the house
and greatly reduce -- maybe stop -- the leaking.

But this technique will only work with specific problem
areas. If you just have something like a high water
table it won't help.

the interior french drain works by drilling holes in the bottom of each concrete block to let any water that gets in the wall to drain down to the underground drain line

I can't tell if you mean that the water drains into the basement, down a
channel to a sump and is pumped out when necessary.

I've heard French drain used to mean something like this.

Or if you mean the water drains to the outside.

I've read that French drain only means drains outside at the base of the
basement walls, under the dirt.

. most companies give a lifetime dry basement warranty with this/

it really works

Which did you mean.