Nick

Default Improve Sensitivity on Radio

What is best way to increase sensitivity on car radios. I am thinking
of getting the Blaupunkt model which has a rating of 6db which I
believe is the lowest of all aftermarket models. However is antenna
placement currently on wheel wheel cowl a factor and also the cabling.
Would a ampliefied antenna work best? Currently a 21 inch coated wire
wrapped single rod is in place. My reception is terrible while on all
other previous models it was great in same area driven. I had units
replaced as well as new antenna and cable. Can something else be
causing this problem to reduce sensitivity. I have noticed that like
an electric shock released from the body on nylon carpets that
sometimes operating the electric windows have cleard up the problem
and improved temp the reception. Can there be a wiring harness
problem? I have added a fm booster which unnoticeably at best has not
cured the sensitivity issue. Any help. suggestions or what to look
for would help in this quest to increase listening power where there
are stations. Nick