Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] honda.lioness@gmail.com is offline

Default Buying Condo, GFCI Problems

On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 3:59:06 PM UTC-6, John G wrote:
The other kitchen outlets are probably GFCI protected from the two GFCI outlets already installed. All kitchen countertop outlets require GFCI protection and all outlets within six feet of the kitchen sink (including the refrigerator if it is in that zone, and outlets under the sink)

I checked, and the two other outlets (on the opposite side of the kitchen) are not GFCI protected at present.

Thank you Ralph and others for confirming that there may be more than one GFCI circuit in a kitchen, for the reasons Ralph gave.

I will do more assessing when I get to the condo in a couple of weeks.

I don't know about the Harbor Freight GFCI's. I have seen some no name GFCI's used by builders. They are good for my business as they don't seem to last a long time.

I understand. We shall see. In the two other homes I have owned, I have yet to see a GFCI outlet fail.

The deal is going forward at present. Just a few more hurdles.