Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default High line voltage

On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 1:04:02 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, July 30, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Eric Law wrote:
Hello!

I've just bought a house in a new development and have an unusual problem -
my line voltage is too high! It measures about 125V with a good meter
(Fluke 80-something) and no unusual loads. I've checked it at several times
during the day/week and it doesn't seem to vary much. We seem to be going
through light bulbs at a rapid rate already, and I'm a bit concerned about
all the electronic equipment in the house.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem? What have you been able
to do about it? Will whining to the electric utility accomplish anything?

TIA!

Eric Law

I've noticed that someone said below, electronics "handle this with ease"....false...not sensitive electronics such as automation systems, network products, satellite boxes, modems....etc. I suggest an AVR unit to protect these somewhat expensive devices. Also, computerized devices can act crazy without the proper voltage.

Ok, clarification accepted. Any electronics fit for sale, even the
cheapest electronics, handle 125V instead of 120V.
Good grief.