Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default hard to start chain saw

"herb white" wrote in message
I have a cheap($100)poulin mod p3314wsa gas chain saw that .is very hard
to start. When I pull on the starting rope it feels like there is way too
much compression. Is this normal or what? Maybe !~m just getting old and
weak. HELP Herb

By hard to start, is it just the ammount of pull on the rope, or do you have
to pull the rope 10 to 20 times to get it to start ?

If it takes lots of times to pull the rope, youmay need to rebuild the
carbarator. Could be it may just need adjusting. If it is like one of my
saws, you need a special nutdriver looking tool to do it.

Does it run ok after starting ?