Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default Weird goop leaking out a window seal

On 03/24/2015 12:21 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 14:01:06 -0700, T wrote:

On 03/23/2015 11:45 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 15:27:26 -0700, T wrote:

How old are the windows. You could re glaze them to stop penetration,
leaks, etc. Is the glass single, dual or triple pane?

It is single pane. And it is definitely dirt.

Sounds like a leak at the pane and frame.

Pick your poison

Nothing from the bottom, a little from the sides,
and a bunch from the top.

Inspect the window outside trim. Caulk fails so there are chances for
the elements to infiltrate. Ensure the trim is caulked. Pay attention
to the top...sides and bottom. Do not fall off the ladder.

I am thinking it was glazing compound as it is
not water soluble.

Photos would help :-\

No ability to post photo :-(

I think I am just going to clean up with rubbing alcohol
and a toothbrush. Then silicone caulk the thing

Thank you for helping me with this.