Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Humidity different types of heat plant

On 3/25/2015 11:17 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

In my old house it was very dry from the hot air heat. There was a
fairly large flame that used heated air to burn and then it went up the
flue. Of course, it relied on make up air infiltration for makeup from
combustion, thus it brought in a lot of dry air. That heater was made in
1949. I have no idea how it compares to more modern units in

Drawing in air from the outside would dry a lot, as the
out door winter air holds little water. Now days, the
units often use outdoor air for combustion.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus