Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Humidity different types of heat plant

On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 7:47:17 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/23/2015 10:24 PM, wrote:
Air infiltration is the biggest cause of low humidity in winter.
Cold air holds VERY little moisture, and when it comes in, it lowers
the relative humidity of the conditioned space very quickly. Leaky
buildings also loose moisture very quickly due to osmosis as moisture
migrates to areas with low humidity.

Yes, the air exchange will lead to dry. I've heard that
abotu winter air holds nearly no water at all.

I've wondered why my trailer takes two to three gal of
water per day in the humidifier. Must be living in
a wind tunnel. I've got doors and windows, caulked the
windows and put stuff in the door cracks. Still, use
a LOT of water. Must be a LOT of air infiltration some
how.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.
www.lds.org
.
.

prrobably poor vapor barrier, your moisture is moving outside