Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Humidity different types of heat plant

On 3/23/2015 3:06 PM, Bob F wrote:

When I lived in a dorm in Boston with radiators for heat, It was very dry. So
dry that you could make a 3/4" long spark when you reach for your door knob. We
all learned to reach with a tightly held key to produce the spark and thereby
reduce the pain. I never had that kind of dryness with forced air heat.

I've had it wiht both. I wonder if that dorm is dryer than a typical
house since there is probably less moisture from cooking added to the
air. You get moisture from what cooks and boils and also from the gas
burners. .