Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_23_] Frank[_23_] is offline

Default OT, as usual - What are these?

On 3/23/2015 12:37 PM, Ken wrote:
KenK wrote:
Have any others noticed the many people walking around transfixed by
these
things in their hands - about the size of an old-fashioned small
paperback
book (remember those?). They walk everywhere staring at them, many even
attempt to drive with them. Sometimes they poke at them with their finger
or drag it across them. Other times they jab at them with their thumbs.
Sometimes, when I get near one while grocery shopping, I even hear people
talking to theirs. I think they imagine the things are replying because
they put them up to their ears! All very strange!

The people carrying them seem mostly to be younger than I am, often a lot
younger.

I've thought about it a lot and I think it's a very popular intense new
religion, and those things are idols or representations of their gods.
Why
else would they talk to them?

Has this spread to your area? Possibly even outside the US? If so, what's
your theory?

Perhaps this will help. I think they are food for elephants.

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=d51b0650e695

Alligators too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25x_OMYCYSg