Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Service Entrance Cable -- Repair Insulation?

On 03/21/2015 06:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/21/2015 4:29 PM, philo wrote:

.

The run from the power company wiring...down to the meter is the owner's
responsibility and I'd never seen that be a cable. It should be a
heavy-wall conduit.

You should look around more. I can show you thousands of houses with
cable. When I lived in Philadelphia, I never saw a conduit entrance
unless it was from an underground entrance, a rarity. .

Must vary by municipality.

Never seen that where I live in the city

have seen it in rural areas though

I'd replace it and not try to somehow re-insulate.

I'd inspect if first, then decide what to do.