Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Canon Power Shot Camera Problem

trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 4:03:18 AM UTC-4,
wrote:

Are you saying the new cameras dont have a USB connector anymore?
WIFI would be useless for me. I dont have WIFI at home, and
probably never will, because in a rural area it's not affordable.
Having to go to a public WIFI everytime I want to get photos off my
camera would be a huge pain.

You're confused here. The wifi for a home is just a wireless router
that you can buy for $50. It goes after your Cable or DSL modem.
Nearby PCs, printers, etc connect to the router via ethernet ports.
The
WIFI part, wireless devices in the house connect to. It's your own
home version of the free internet they have at Starbucks and similar
public hot spots. There are also wifi services that cover larger
public areas,
to deliver to paying customers, which is probably what you're
referring to.

In my house, my wifi is used to support my smartphone and Tivo.

I have 2 laptops and a Roku running on WIFI , two desktops are hardwired
with cat5e . Right now I'm streaming music over internet radio to the laptop
out in the shop . The WIFI router is sitting on the top of my desktop cpu
and the shop is 40+ feet away . They start at under 20 bucks on eBay for
used units , new under 50 .

--
Snag