Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Service Entrance Cable -- Repair Insulation?

On 03/21/2015 11:36 AM, FrozenNorth wrote:
On
I have not had a chance to look at it yet, but I will, so that I can
observe
what the home inspector saw and maybe take a photo or two. If the
service
entrance cable does need to be replaced, I do know of an electrician
that I
can suggest to her to do the replacement.

But, my question is..., If the only issue is some minor cracking or
wear in
the service entrance cable insulation, is there a way to just repair the
insulation? I assume that it is gray in color, so is there some type of
insulation repair product that can be applied that is made for this
type of
situation -- possibly gray in color so it doesn't look bad?

Thanks.

Not sure how it works there, but here anything before the meter is the
problem for the electrical utility to fix, give them a call.

The sure is not true here.

The power company is responsible /only/ for their own wiring.

The run from the power company wiring...down to the meter is the owner's
responsibility and I'd never seen that be a cable. It should be a
heavy-wall conduit. I'd replace it and not try to somehow re-insulate.