Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Service Entrance Cable -- Repair Insulation?

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 13:30:06 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:16:23 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 12:36:45 -0400, FrozenNorth
wrote:

Not sure how it works there, but here anything before the meter is the
problem for the electrical utility to fix, give them a call.

Same here. Phone, cable, water, etc., are the responsibility of the
utility _ until_ it becomes "your side" responsibility.

...and in most places I've lived.

The cable from the "service point" toward your house belongs to you
and typically the service point is the crimp at the service head where
the overhead drop connects to the SE cable.
In an underground lateral, the service point is usually at the street.
You own the wire underground in your yard.
The only thing the utility owns is the meter itself.

All of my utilities have a "Demarcation point" on one wall, near the
street. Water line is diagonal across the yard to the water meter at
the curb. That line is my duty to R&R on my curb side. Other
utilities, as I understand are responsibility to the "Demarcation
point" (DM) by the provider.