Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Walk in bathtubs ?

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 11:53:21 -0600, wrote:

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 12:01:03 -0400, "EXT"
wrote:

Plus they advertise "same day installation" --- that is a laugh, as 99.9% of
the installation will require plumbing to be moved, electrical to be
installed and the walls retiled and possibly the floor redone because the
new tub is taller and looks to be shorter in length than most old tubs they
replace. These guys are not just tub sellers they are renovation sellers.
That must add a ton of costs to the job.

You got a good point there. And they probably only install the tub.
The homeowner then needs to hire a plumber, carpenter, tile installer,
etc.

Maybe they do it all.

I dont think there is any need for an electrician though. (For the
tub). I dont believe they use electricity.

One advertisement says they'll throw in free a heated seat, so that's
electric. I take baths all the time, in a regular bathtub, and I've
never noticed that the tub bottom was cold. Of course I've put water in
already.

As to jets, I personally wouldn't want that. I want peace and quiet.

I also never thought about the need for the person having to get into
the tub BEFORE filling it, and cant get out until it's drained. But
that does make perfect sense. And that also means that if an elderly
person became ill while in the tub, they would not be able to get out

I'd thought of the first part already, but not this part.

till the tub was drained, or else would have to crawl over the top,

That's good exercise. It will make him appreciate all the times he can
just open the door.

(which defeats the whole purpose).