Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_57_] Bill[_57_] is offline

Default Service Entrance Cable -- Repair Insulation?

On 3/21/2015 11:04 AM, TomR wrote:
But, my question is..., If the only issue is some minor cracking or wear in
the service entrance cable insulation, is there a way to just repair the
insulation? I assume that it is gray in color, so is there some type of
insulation repair product that can be applied that is made for this type of
situation -- possibly gray in color so it doesn't look bad?

Water can wick it's way in thru a crack in the cable and corrode
the connections inside of the meter box and/or your main panel.

If your cable repair fails down the road, you might be looking at $2000-$3000
for breaker panel and/or service entrance replacement.

How lucky do you feel?