Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] yrag.neslo@gmail.com is offline

Default Problem with fluoescent light

*Replace both lamps. If that doesn't work, replace the ballast and bulbs with T8's.

God I hate fluorescent lights. They're under my kitchen counters. Both bulbs stopped working on one fixture. Replaced bulbs and only one side works. Getting the bulb out if a fixture somebody installed in one of our bedrooms was a b*tch because the tube is too close to the fixture. And how many sizes/types of bulbs are there? You're assured of buying the wrong one. And it doesn't help that there's no standard way the bulbs engage/disengage from the fixture. Don't get me started on the bulbs with only one prong on each end.

If I were you and if it's possible, I'd throw the whole fixture away. There are better choices for lighting out there now.