Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can an old timer explain car backfires?

On 3/17/2015 10:53 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 21:48:47 -0400, Stormin Mormon

It's been a lot of years, but I recall a vibrator
created pulsating DC, which could be put through a
transformer. Not AC.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.
www.lds.org
.
.

Well, whether it was technically pulsed DC or AC coming out of the
vibrator, what came out of the transformer was AC, as it required
rectification to turn it back to DC. AC or pulsed DC from the vibrator
is just semantics.

But then Stormy knows that.

I could not find a web page that described the old
type vibrators (not the kind that give women momentary
high blood pressure and screaming and moaning). But
what I remember is they caused a rapid interruption in
the DC, by open and close a switch / contacts. As such
they put out pulasting DC, which ended up being
pulsating DC on the other side of the transformer.

OTOH, this was a couple decades ago I learned of these.

AC goes through the transformer just fine, but DC does
not. Which is why the vibrator is needed. But, then,
Clare knows that.

-
..
Christopher A. Young